2013-07-14

Posted by Julie Wiens Posted on 1:15 PM | 1 comment

Finishing up April

My next blog will jump forward to July so that you can see Logan as he is now. I just wanted to finish up April with these photos of Logan and two of his favorite family members.

I'm going in for a kiss.
Hmm... cat hair doesn't taste so good.
You moved so I'm going to use my feet to pet you.
Your turn, Frik.
You moved so I'm going to give you my version of a hug.

Some firsts for Logan in April:
Discovered how easy it was to remove the toilet paper.
Tried on his noise canceling headphones for a few minutes.
Started using the chair that Suzi and Indie gave to him. I have yet to recover it, but he doesn't seem to care.
April seems so long ago and I have already forgotten all the cute and wonderful things that Logan did back then. I do know that he stacked his cups in order for the first time and that he had his first cold. His fourth molar came in too. The biggest change that I recall was that we moved him out of our room and into his room at night. The transition was pretty smooth. He still doesn't sleep all night long, but his sleep has greatly improved. I think we were keeping each other up when we slept in the same room. He has done a few nights where he slept 8-10 hours in a row, but that isn't the typical. We didn't move the whole crib in, just put his mattress on the floor. He likes to sleep half on the mattress and half off. Sometimes he just ends up on some blankets on the floor. So for now we decided his toddler bed could stay in the garage.

Now that I am thinking about it, April was a crazy month. The house we were living in was put on the market so we had to find a new home. We also had to spend time showing the house and being there for inspections (house, windows, roof, etc.). It sold pretty quickly so we didn't have a lot of time to find a new home. I bet I looked at least 100 online. I drove by a lot of them and we visited about a dozen. We found one that was in a nice neighborhood, but a little farther from work for Kyle. It definitely has some issues, but I'll get into those in the May post. As of now we are pretty settled in with a few projects left to do around the house.

In April, Kyle also went to Boston for work. He was there the week before the bombing.  In 2010, he was in Egypt 2 months before the Arab Spring. So I am thinking he shouldn't be traveling anywhere. Of course, work has other plans for him.
Categories:

1 comment:

  1. Wow...crazy about Kyle's travel coincidences...I would agree with you on the better he not travel thing, but yes work doesn't allow that often. Logan is getting SO big! Seeing these photos, he looks so grown up and boyish...not babyish or toddlerish anymore! And I'm so glad your cats are good with him! Ours are confiscated to a special room of the house, as they've both scratched Evan now and he didn't really do anything to deserve it, other than just wanting to pet them. :(

    ReplyDelete