2011-01-11

Posted by Julie Wiens Posted on 8:49 PM | No comments

Christmas Weekend

Kyle had one day off for Christmas: the 24th. We decided to spend the day in Boston. We started out by walking the Commons. As usual, the ice skating rink was full of people with a long line waiting to get in. However, we found a few people doing a little of their own ice skating on the pond. I decided to walk out there. After all, how many times will I get to walk across a pond?

After our usual walk through the park, we had lunch at our favorite restaurant: 75 Chestnut. During the holidays, 75 Chestnut offers gingerbread house building with some of the proceeds going to charity. Sadly, we had a movie to catch, so I didn't get to decorate a gingerbread house. However, I am determined to have a gingerbread house party next year in NM.

After lunch we took in Tangled and The King's Speech at the movie theater off of the Commons. Tangled was enjoyable, and The King's Speech was fabulous. In between movies we walked around Chinatown, which lies just off the Commons. Pond walking, lunch and two movies was all we could take for the day.

This Christmas was the first time we have stayed home and didn't visit any family. It was definitely odd. However, we did get and decorate a tree this year, which we have not done in years. We picked out the tree at a tree farm about 20 minutes from our house. I am thrilled to say that I can recycle the tree! Definitely makes me feel better about getting one.
 Here is a gift I gave to Kyle. Now we need to find the rest of the costume.
 I spent a while on the couch with my two girls. Frak loves to sleep inside my sweatshirt.
On the 26th we got our first snowfall. We walked around the base taking in the beauty.


The storm dumped enough to allow Kyle to stay home for work! This was the view from our front door.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment