2013-06-19

Posted by Julie Wiens Posted on 9:23 AM | 1 comment

Easter

This was the first year that my parents did not host Easter at their mountain home.  My mom had just had cataract surgery so they decided not to throw the annual family reunion. We couldn't host either since we were busy looking for a place to live, showing the home we were living in and packing it up to move.  Luckily, my Aunt Sally and Uncle Ralph volunteered. So the day started out with Grandma and Grandpa Neel coming down to our home. The Easter Bunny left a basket for Logan up at their home so they brought it to him.


I did make a cake for the occasion. I can't take credit for the design. I saw a similar one online, but I was happy with how it turned out.


 After playing with Logan's Easter surprises, we headed over to Rio Rancho for the afternoon.
Look how beautiful my Aunt Sally is.
Logan instantly wanted the yellow ball.
The egg hunt began, and the first thing Logan put in his basket was the yellow ball.


So glad Logan didn't have to climb the umbrella to get that egg.
Logan did spend a lot of time going around giving everyone high fives.
Even though Easter was not spent surrounded by pine trees in the cool mountain air, we had a wonderful time with everyone.
Categories:

1 comment:

  1. What a great cake...well done Julie! Whether or not the idea was yours...you did an excellent job with it! :)

    ReplyDelete