2012-03-10

Posted by Julie Wiens Posted on 11:30 AM | No comments

The parties continue

As expected, I find it hard to keep up with the blog these days. I have a few moments right now as Logan sleeps, so I will attempt to finish up 2011.

In early December, Kyle and I took a short Babymoon. We packed our bags and stayed at a B&B in Old Town Albuquerque. We ate out a lot, went to the aquarium, and enjoyed the Holiday Stroll festivities downtown. I had never attended the Holiday Stroll before, but I hope we will go back year after year.
High School choir performing in Old Town
On December 11th, I was lucky enough to have my second baby shower. This one was full of family, including my teacher family from Moriarty. My Aunt Sally and my mother hosted the party. Food was fabulous, and I was spoiled rotten. It was wonderful to see everyone, and I hope we will get together soon so you can all meet Logan.
The weekend of Kyle's birthday, we had a Gingerbread House/Birthday Party. I prepped about 6 houses for the adults, and the kids all brought their own to decorate. It was a ton of fun. Below are some of the masterpieces.  As this is a family blog, I left off one that was very funny but perhaps too racy for this blog (sorry John and Katrina).
Poor Tim couldn't get his Tie Fighter to stay together.
We set the kids up in our room to watch Christmas specials while they decorated their houses.
I had to post this, Dave. You are too crazy.
My first ever gingerbread house.
Moving on to Christmas. My step brother and his family came for a visit from Seattle. Normally we have Christmas Eve at my parents' house in the mountains. However, due to an enormous amount of snow, we gathered at our house instead. Would anyone be surprised that Rock Band was part of our evening?
I can't believe how huge I was!
Christmas Day was full of fun with the rest of the family over at Aunt Sally's and Uncle Ralph's house.
For New Year's Eve, I was too tired (and way too big) to do much of anything. Kyle ventured out to party with our friends, and I remained home. I did manage to watch the ball drop.

2011 was a fantastic year, and I am sure that 2012 will be great since Logan will be with us. A new chapter is starting for us, and we are so thankful that all of our friends and family will be joining us for the ride. We love you all and promise that our Rock Band party days are not gone. They're just on vacation for flu season.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment