Posted by Julie Wiens Posted on 9:42 PM | No comments

2nd week of June

A little less than a month into our garden and not much was happening. At least I had a little helper for the watering.

Although I think he preferred that I not take pictures.

Off to the zoo we went and managed to do a few new things.

To start with, we got to pet the alpaca and llama. I got drooled on by the llama. That was a first for me.

Ok, this isn't new. We always run around these statues at the zoo. It never fails to produce a smile.

Logan made contact with some sea life.

Well, at least I like to think they made a connection.

This was the first time I have ridden the train with Logan. Kyle and Logan have done it before, but it was new for me.

It's great for a few minutes, but then it is a little too long of a ride for a 2 year old.

I spied a baby Siamang Gibbon. Our zoo seems to constantly have new additions, which I am so thankful for. Who doesn't love baby animals?

Here are some photos of our home entertainment that week. First we did some tricycle riding. Logan is getting really good at it.

Then Kyle invented a new game that brought on tons of laughter. We all went bouncing around the house, running into each other and into walls. 

On the 13th, we closed (i.e., sold) on our house in Los Alamos. We had been renting it for years and finally decided it was time to get rid of it. The financial loss was big, but manageable. It was a huge relief to no longer own it. Mom, Keith and Uncle Lee came down to watch Logan for us while we went to the bank. Afterwards we went out to lunch at the Barley Room to celebrate Keith's birthday and our closing. 

I made Keith this cake since he loves to golf. The balls were cake too. 

I think Logan liked the cake

To finish off our day of celebration, we went to see Marc Cohn at the zoo concert. Logan and Kyle even listined to some of it before heading off to see the animals.

The next night we had some friends over and sadly I forgot to take photos. I managed to remember at the very end. We had let Logan stay up till he passed out. It was around 11pm or so. Not sure why he chose to fall asleep in his chair rather than on the floor. I did pay for letting him stay up late though. The next night he couldn't sleep at all. We woke up all night long.

Last day of week 2 saw us at Grandma and Grandpa Neel's house. We went for a walk to see the donkey down the lane. 

Along the way we found Grandpa.

Logan just loved walking with everyone. He would run back to Grandma and Grandpa and then run back to Kyle.

Our neighborhood donkey lost his mule friend a few years ago. He was so happy to see us that he instantly came up to the fence and walked along it with us. Next time we need to remember to bring him carrots.

Back at the house, the golf balls needed washing...

Grandpa needed chasing...

Logan needed guiding...

It was a great week 2, but boy was it busy.


Post a Comment